WHY THE BIOMASS GASIFICATION TECHNOLOGY ?
- BSD has elected the biomass gasification technology as its core business because believes that this is the one that best can meet the practical energy needs of small rural villages of developing countries in their struggle to make their economy become sustainable.
- The gasification plants designed and manufactured by BSD through its affiliate Biotherm Industries have overcome technical, operational, and commercial hurdles that,in the past have often caused general reluctance towards this type of technology. The syngas produced using Biotherm Industries’ technology is uniquely reliable, tar free, and competitive as renewable fuel.
BENEFITS OF BIOMASS GASIFICATION
- Inclusive project that develops rural economy, Its modular size fits well with the needs of the typical rural village in African and Asian continents.
- Provides an eco-friendly, efficient utilization for agricultural waste that is otherwise often burnt in the fields.
- The byproducts (cogeneration heat and biochar) of one single Biomass Gasification Plant of 1.0 MWe capacity can support the production of 200 Refrigerated Tons of Cold Storage, and 10,000 tons of organic compost.
- Can produce biochar compost that reduces by half the requirements of chemical fertilizers in the cultivated fields and increases the water holding capacity of the soil thus reducing irrigation water by 20 %.
- Every single Biomass Gasification Plant of 1.0 MWe can provide direct local employment for about 100 people.
ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- Carbon negative, compared with carbon neutral of Solar, Wind, and Hydro.
- Round the clock technology unlike Solar and Wind.
- Biomass Gasification provides commercially viable solutions for industrial power generation below the threshold of 5.0 MWe where conventional power plants are no longer competitive on a capital unit cost basis.
- Lower capital cost compared to other renewable technologies.
- BSD utilized gasification technology of Biotherm Industries is entirely made in India, thus offering unbeatable competitive prices while still providing western type, high quality standards.
NOTIONS ABOUT BIOMASS GASIFICATION
BIOMASS TO ENERGY : THE PROCESS USED BY BSD